Looking for the most up-to-date information? Type #update into the chat box!
Want to contribute to the ECC’s environmental education program? You can make a recurring donation here: www.earthconservationcorps.org/eaglenest
Welcome to Season 4 of the Earth Conservation Corps Eagle Cam powered by Pepco. Located 110 feet above the Metropolitan Police Academy in Southeast, Washington, D.C. This nest is home to Liberty & Justice, a pair of 21 year old mating bald eagles who have called this nest home since approximately 2004.
Make sure to hit the subscribe button and like this video to show your support! Also, check out Earth Conservation Corps and our partners, Anacostia Raptor Watch, the Metropolitan Police, and Pepco on Facebook.
Website: www.eaglecam.org & www.eagles4kids.com
Camera 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BME6aLHcg0c
Eagle Log: http://www.eaglecam.org/eagle-forum
Our Story “Endangered Species”: https://youtu.be/QrmOkdCpiBY
Check out our Friends at Dale Hollow!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiol…
L & J Merchandise: https://teespring.com/stores/ecc-eagl…
!weather, !funfact, !info, #egg, #dad, #mom, !hug, #ecc, #feed, #donate
The chat will be open from 7AM – 9:30PM, 7 days a week. Users are limited to one chat post per 45 seconds.
The Stream of Liberty & Justice is a FAMILY FRIENDLY stream, please refrain from:
– Spamming (advertisements, subscriptions, nonsense characters, etc)
– Vulgar language
– Insulting other chatters or Moderators
– Personal Arguments (Please take them out of chat)
– “Adult Talk” (including drugs & alcohol)
Anyone who abuses these rules will get a warning from a moderator, first.
Second time, they will be put in “timeout” for a length of time at the moderators discretion.
Third time, they will be blocked from the YouTube chat.
– Who are these eagles? Liberty & Justice!
– How old are they? We believe they are between 19-21 years old
– How long have they been nesting here? We believe they have been nesting here since about 2004.
– When will we see eggs? Mating starts in mid-December, with eggs expected in January, then hatching in March/April
– How many eggs can we expect? Anywhere from none to three!
– I don’t see any eagles?! They are probably off fishing! The Potomac river is less than a mile away. Tune in early in the morning and right before sunset for the most activity.
– Why are they bringing sticks? They are preparing the nest for the upcoming mating / nesting season!
– What do they eat? Mostly fish, but we do occasionally see other small animals like squirrels and raccoons being brought.
– What about lead and lead poisoning? Please see this article and help educate on the problems with using lead based bullets: https://www.nps.gov/pinn/learn/nature…
– Liberty has left the eggs unattended for a long time! Are they okay?!
Yes! Check out this link for more information: https://raptorresource.blogspot.com/2014/02/eggs-and-cold-weather.html
– Is this actually live? YES!
– Is this the real audio? YES!
– Can we move the camera? Sure! The moderators (wrenches) can take requests to move the camera!
-I’m on Mobile / Tablet and can’t see Camera 2?! Ugh! WE KNOW! YouTube (for some reason) does not support multi-cam live streams on mobile / tablet devices. HOWEVER, there is a slight work-around. If you are on mobile and are using Chrome (standard on Android), make sure that the setting for “Desktop Site” is selected. This will request the desktop version of the stream allowing for multi-cam support.
Special thanks to:
AUI Power (Elkton, MD)
John Mein, Burrell Duncan, George Crawford, Marvin Brown, “Mocha”, Tyler
Laura Overstreet, Lisa Davis, Sandie Klute, Christy Denenberg, Connie Walsh, Fran Tucker, Kathy Santoro, Cindy Kirby, Eucalyptus Zigzag, Stephanie Hood, dky 500, Peggy Membreno, Donnelle Broskow, Cathy Adams, Julie Hill, Vickie Wheeler, Tina Gray, David Popek, Claire Meissner, Patrice Harrison, Phyllis Mayo, Sherri Shimer, Char Morin, Tracy Gregg, Lisa DeMarr, June Campbell, Frances Lindsey, Patricia Dupont, plus others who chose to be Anonymous for helping purchase the new camera and sound equipment!